Fire Causes $500K in Damage to Windsor Community Centre

Windsor Community Centre
Windsor Community Centre caught fire Wedneday evening, August 6, 2014. (FACEBOOK)

WINNIPEG — Damage is estimated at $500,000 after a fire that gutted Windsor Community Centre overnight.

Smoke began billowing out of the centre on Springside Drive at around 9:30 p.m. and is believed to be electrical in nature.

“We appreciate all the concern, from so many kind people, about our beloved club. Right now we can tell you that no one was hurt, and that it looks like the fire started in a basement electrical panel,” the club said on its Facebook page.

Children’s summer programming has been cancelled as a result of the fire.

— Staff

Advertisements


Pssst, while you're here...
ChrisD.ca is Winnipeg's only independent digital news outlet, producing reliable journalism and localized content since 2007. As we grow as a company, so do our expenses into creating the news, sports and entertainment coverage you've come to expect from us. We ask that if you enjoyed reading this article that you consider making a small donation towards our efforts. It would be greatly appreciated in helping us reinvest to expand our reach and hire additional freelance reporters and photographers. Thank you!

Support ChrisD.ca ?

Sports Highlights

Comments

comments

logo