CFB Shilo will host the the Afghanistan Memorial Vigil for public viewing in September.
“The Afghanistan Memorial Vigil remembers and honours those who have fallen in Afghanistan,” according to the Government of Canada’s website. “It also acknowledges the bravery, dedication, valour and professionalism of all members of the Canadian Armed Forces who have served in Afghanistan and supported the mission.
The vigil includes 190 memorial plaques representing 161 fallen Canadians and 40 Americans who had been under Canadian military command in Afghanistan.
Canadian Forces Base Shilo, just east of Brandon, will hold public viewings on the following days:
- Tuesday, September 9 — 1:30-4 p.m.
- Wednesday, September 10 — 9:30-11:30 a.m., 1:30-4 p.m. and 6-8 p.m.
- Thursday, September 11 — 9:30-11:30 a.m. and 1:30-4 p.m.
- Friday, September 12 — 9:30-11:30 a.m., 1:30-4 p.m. and 6-8 p.m.
- Saturday, September 12 — 9-11:30 a.m.
The vigil will be located in the Multi-Purpose Training Facility on Portsmouth Road.