If you’re going to be transporting illegal drugs (and you really shouldn’t be), it might be in your best interest not to draw attention to yourself.
Two men learned this the hard way on Sunday after a road rage incident in the area of Archibald Street and Provencher Boulevard.
Winnipeg police responded to the report of a motorist being threatened by two men in a red truck, one of whom is said to have pointed a firearm at him.
Several police units were called to the area and the suspect vehicle was located in the area of Archibald Street and Marion Street.
Once stopped, police found the following inside:
- 20 ounces of powder cocaine — worth approximately $52,000
- 46 grams of crack cocaine — worth approximately $3,000
- 28 grams of powder methamphetamine (ecstasy) — worth approximately $1,000
- 46 pills ecstasy — worth approximately $460.00
- 2161 grams methamphetamine — worth approximately $200,000
- Ruger SR .22 calibre semi-automatic long barrel rifle
- Ammunition for the aforementioned firearm and functioning loaded magazine
Two Alberta men, 18 and 25, were arrested and face numerous drugs and weapons charges. Both remain in custody.