By David Klassen
There are nine new members in the Manitoba Sports Hall of Fame after an induction ceremony on Saturday night at the Victoria Inn.
“These recipients join an exclusive group of Manitoba’s finest in sport,” said Susan Nemec, president of the Manitoba Sports Hall of Fame’s Board of Directors. “These eight individuals and the Bomber team have made their mark on Manitoba’s sport history.”
Joining the newest class of sports legends are…
- Ron Brown, racquetball, builder
- Wanda Guenette, volleyball, athlete
- Lorie Henderson, artistic gymnastics, builder
- Al Kinley, baseball/football, builder
- Connie Laliberte, curling, athlete
- Todd MacCulloch, basketball, athlete
- Keith McLennan, lacrosse, athlete
- Heather (Newsham) Ruby, softball, athlete
- 1988 Winnipeg Blue Bombers, football, team
The Manitoba Sports Hall of Fame has inducted close to 400 individual members and over 80 teams since it was established in 1980.