The first full council meeting under the Brian Bowman administration wrapped up rather quickly on Wednesday with additional council appointments announced.
Bowman and four councillors will oversee the following responsibilities:
- Mayor Brian Bowman — Secretary of Urban Aboriginal Opportunities
- Councillor Scott Gillingham (St. James – Brooklands) — Chair of the Winnipeg Police Board
- Councillor Jenny Gerbasi (Fort Rouge – East Fort Garry) — Chair of the Winnipeg Housing Steering Committee
- Councillor Marty Morantz (Charleswood — Tuxedo) — Councillor responsible for the Assiniboine Park Conservancy
- Councillor Janice Lukes (St. Norbert) — Councillor responsible for the Capital Region
EPC appointments were named at the November 4 inauguration.