The brightest young talent in Manitoba will be recognized on Thursday as the Future Leaders of Manitoba host its seventh annual awards reception.
Finalists have been selected in a number of age categories based on nominations for community involvement, professional contributions and their advocacy for Manitoba and Manitobans.
“The evening will celebrate Manitoba; but more importantly celebrate the next generation of leaders that value and advocate the professional and personal benefits of staying in Manitoba,” said Kathy Kerr, president of the Future Leaders of Manitoba.
The finalists in each category are:
Age 20-25 category
- Chloe Chafe, 23 – Co-Owner, Synonym Art Consultation
- Maggie Henderson, 25 – Music Teacher, Machray & Champlain Elementary Schools & Music Coordinator- The Spence Neighborhood Association
- Christie McLeod, 24 – Executive Assistant, Mondetta Charity Foundation
Age 26-32 category
- Stephanie Caligiuri, 26 – PhD Student, Department of Physiology and Pathophysiology, University of Manitoba
- Vinay Iyer, 29 – Founder & Operating Manager of Casa Burrito Restaurant
- Alexis Martin, 29 – Business Analyst, Deloitte
Age 33-40 category
- Angie Bruce, 39 – Partner & President of Bruce & Boivin Consulting Inc. and AMR Planning & Consulting
- Jordan Miller, 35 – Director, Art Consultant and Artist, cre8ery
- Cindy Sanchez & Christa Slatnik, 38 – Nurse Practitioners, Victoria General Hospital, Health Sciences Centre and Cancercare Manitoba
Awards will be handed out at the Fort Garry Hotel after an awards reception at 6 p.m.
For tickets, e-mail Gloria Blacklaw at [email protected].