While Winnipeg is thinking white these days — you know, with the Jets in the playoffs and everything — the Downtown Winnipeg BIZ is seeing green.
To mark Earth Day on April 22, the BIZ is enlisting the help of businesses, community members and local celebrities to pitch in with their 10th annual downtown clean-up initiative.
Joining them is an all-star roster of local celebrities, including:
- Doug Speirs, Winnipeg Free Press
- Chris D., ChrisD.ca, Managing Editor
- Mike Koncan, Global TV Winnipeg, Reporter
- Brittany Greenslade, Global TV Winnipeg, Reporter
- Shannon Cuciz, Global TV Winnipeg
- Marcy Markusa, CBC Radio One, Host
- Goldie & Goldette, Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Adam West & Energy 106 Street Team, Energy 106
- JD & Vicki, Fresh Radio 99.1
- Jay & Jolene, BIG FM
“Spotless, clean and green spaces are important in creating an inviting downtown,” said Stefano Grande, executive director of the Downtown Winnipeg BIZ. “Our Metro Enviro-Team is on the front lines every day working towards this goal, but it’s extra important to have the support of the community on Earth Day, all working towards a healthy, vibrant downtown neighbourhood.
To clean-up sites have been designated for a morning and afternoon shift at Thunderbird House on Main Street and Millennium Library Park on Donald Street.