— Camille Dupas (@CDupas) May 25, 2015
WINNIPEG — One person was seriously injured in an explosion Monday morning in St. Boniface.
In what’s believed to be propane tank explosion, black smoke could be seen billowing from Ken’s Carpets at 730 Archibald Street at around 9:30 a.m.
Fire crews were able to contain the blaze within 15 minutes of arriving on scene.
The man’s injuries aren’t known, but a photo tweeted from the scene showed him suffering from severe burns.
ChrisD.ca is Winnipeg's only independent digital news outlet, producing reliable journalism and localized content since 2007. As we grow as a company, so do our expenses into creating the news, sports and entertainment coverage you've come to expect from us. We ask that if you enjoyed reading this article that you consider making a small donation towards our efforts. It would be greatly appreciated in helping us reinvest to expand our reach and hire additional freelance reporters and photographers. Thank you!