Winnipeg police say they have caught a man they believe to be responsible for several thefts.
Police said they have been investigating since March after a man hit up the same business numerous times and stole computer equipment. The business, in the 500 block of Portage Avenue, was robbed on March 3, May 19, May 23 and again on May 25.
On July 21, officers spotted a man trying to steal a bicycle on Smith Street near Notre Dame Avenue. He was arrested and found to be in possession of break-in tools, drugs and stolen ID, as well as a bicycle swiped from the 100 block of Lombard Place.
Gilles Louis NAULT, 54, has been charged with:
- Theft Under $5000 x 6
- Possession of Break In Instruments
- Possession of Schedule Substance – METHAMPHETAMINE
- Possession of Identity Document x 4
- Possession of Credit Card x 2
- Possession of Property Obtained by Crime Under $5000
He was detained in custody.