Two people have been charged after several robberies, assaults and property damage in Winnipeg over the span of the last three days.
Police say all five incidents occurred in the area of William Avenue and Isabel Street.
- December 31 — Suspects rob and threaten to kill a cab driver in the area of William Avenue and Ellen Street.
- January 1 — Male suspect robs and stabs cab driver in the upper body while in the area of Elgin Avenue and Gertie Street. Minor injury sustained.
- January 1 — Male suspect damages vehicle on Elgin Avenue, then threatens to kill owner.
- January 1 — Numerous parked vehicles in the area of Elgin Avenue and Ellen Street are damaged. An area resident is stabbed. Minor injury reported.
- January 1 — Armed male suspect robs cab driver in the area of William Avenue and Isabel Street.
Both suspects attempted to rob a woman shopping at a convenience store on Saturday night, but were caught by police near Isabel Street and Bannatyne Avenue a short time later.
Kevin Schoffer, 21, and a 16-year-old girl face several charges and remain in custody.
ChrisD.ca is Winnipeg's only independent digital news outlet, producing reliable journalism and localized content since 2007. As we grow as a company, so do our expenses into creating the news, sports and entertainment coverage you've come to expect from us. We ask that if you enjoyed reading this article that you consider making a small donation towards our efforts. It would be greatly appreciated in helping us reinvest to expand our reach and hire additional freelance reporters and photographers. Thank you!