Members of the Manitoba Association of Health Care Professionals will begin holding information pickets this week in Winnipeg and northern Manitoba.
Staff have been without a contract since March of 2014, and the central table bargaining unit is currently in negotiations with the province for a collective agreement.
“Our negotiations have dragged on long enough, it’s time for action,” said MAHCP president Bob Moroz. “I am unable to comprehend the attitude and actions of this employer regarding the critical value our members have within the health care system.”
Affected staff work at several major hospitals, labs and clinics in Winnipeg and in northern Manitoba communities.
MAHCP has set a strike deadline of January 31. Members voted 88% in favour of a strike mandate last fall.
Information pickets are planned for the following locations:
- HSC at 710 William Ave. entrance
- CancerCare Manitoba at the McDermot Ave entrance St. Boniface at Tache and Dollard
- St. Boniface at Tache and Dollard
- Misericordia at Sherbrook and Wolseley
- The Pas at 1st Street West/Highway 10
- Flin Flon at Church Street and 3rd Avenue
- Concordia Hospital at Concordia Ave
- Victoria Hospital at Pembina and Dartmouth