The best in Winnipeg’s tourism industry were honoured Monday at the 2016 Winnipeg Tourism Awards of Distinction.
Eleven awards were handed out to recognize the work in promoting the city to the world.
“Winnipeg has come a long way in five years with so many exciting new developments, attractions, and innovation,” said Dayna Spiring, president and CEO of Economic Development Winnipeg Inc.
“The awards are a chance to thank people in the industry for raising the bar of excellence and to encourage them to keep the momentum going as we work together to grow our economy.”
The winners are…
- Volunteer of the Year — 103rd Grey Cup Festival volunteers
- Employee of the Year — Julie Desrochers, Le Muse?e de Saint-Boniface Museum
- Small Business of the Year — C4 Central Comic Con
- Large Business of the Year — Assiniboine Park Conservancy
- Leader of the Year — Trudy Schroeder, Winnipeg Symphony Orchestra
- Marketing Campaign of the Year (Under $2500) — FortWhyte Alive
- Great Escape Marketing Campaign of the Year (Over $2500) — Downtown Winnipeg BIZ
- Innovation of the Year — Fun Mountain – Fear of the Sliding Dead & Therme?a By Nordik Spa-Nature
- Bring it Home Award — Merlin Shoesmith and Don Sexton, The Wildlife Society
- Partner of the Year — Thermea By Nordik Spa-Nature
- Lifetime Achievement Award — Helen Halliday, Delta Winnipeg