Winnipeg police have caught up with a man accused of robbing several convenience stores since January.
The latest robbery occurred Sunday around midnight when a store in the 300 block of Henderson Highway was robbed at knifepoint.
Police say the same suspect came back to the business at around 4 a.m. to rob it again, but the clerk recognized the man and secured the building.
The man eventually left the area on a bike.
Police say the suspect is responsible for the following incidents:
- January 16 — 1300 block of Henderson Highway
- July 12 — 300 block of Henderson Highway
- July 21 — 100 block of Salter Street
- July 24 — 600 block of Watt Street
- July 25 — 300 block of Henderson Highway
- September 5 — 600 block of Watt Street
- September 7 — 600 block of Watt Street
- September 7 — 100 block of Salter Street
- September 30 — 600 block of Watt StreetOctober 2 — 300 block of Henderson Highway
Police spotted the man in the area of Henderson Highway and Larsen Avenue a short time later and were able to make an arrest after a brief altercation.
Jeremy Al Bechard, 38, of Winnipeg has been charged with 11 counts of robbery, nine counts of possessing a weapon and failing to comply with a probation order.
He remains in custody.