By Sarah Klein
WINNIPEG — Calling all artists. You could design the medals for the 2017 Canada Summer Games.
Recognized artists and graphic designers are being called out to submit design fronts for the upcoming Games medals to be awarded to athletes next summer.
“The medal design commission is one of the many ways we’re engaging our community to help deliver an exceptional experience,” said 2017 Canada Summer Games president and CEO Jeff Hnatiuk.
“Someone in our community will have the opportunity to leave an incredible legacy with the athletes who are awarded medals during the games.”
Resource company Teck is providing the metals for every gold, silver and bronze medal for the Games.
The chosen designer will receive:
- An honorarium of $2,500
- 4% royalties on any merchandise that incorporates the metal design
- An honorary set of medals
- Two (2) VIP accreditations during the 2017 Canada Summer Games
- Participation in the medal design unveil event
- Participation in the first medal ceremony during the 2017 Canada Summer Games
The application deadline is Thursday, November 3, 2016 at 11:59 p.m. CT. Submission forms and further details can be found at CanadaGames.ca/2017.