Manitoba RCMP were out in full force over the Thanksgiving long weekend as part of Operation Impact.
The enforcement campaign targeted high-risk driving behaviours from October 7-10.
RCMP officers issued charges for the following:
- 12 Criminal Code impaired driving charges
- 8 alcohol/drug-related administrative roadside suspensions
- 18 charges for failing to wear seatbelts
- 7 charges for using a handheld electronic device while driving
- 944 traffic-related charges, including speeding, intersection-related offences, among other provincial charges
- 7 other Criminal Code traffic offences
Three traffic-related fatalities (as a result of two collisions) occurred over the Thanksgiving long weekend this year.
Two traffic-related fatalities occurred over the Thanksgiving long weekend last year.