WINNIPEG — About 12,000 runners laced up on Sunday for the 39th annual Manitoba Marathon.
Runners competed in the full marathon, half-marathon, 10-kilometre run and the super run.
Skies opened up overnight, but the rain was tapering off by mid-morning as runners snaked their way through the city.
- Men’s full marathon:
- 1) Teresa Fekensa Bayisa (2:38:03) — Toronto
- 2) Jeremy Walker (2:39:07) — East St. Paul
- 3) Jeff Sacco (2:44:21) — Winnipeg
- Men’s half-marathon:
- 1) Daniel Heschuk (1:09:45) — Neepawa
- 2) Michael Middlemiss (1:12:29) — Regina
- 3) Davit Hagos Kidane (1:13:08) — Brandon
- Women’s full marathon:
- 1) Emily Ratzlaff (3:14:38) — Winnipeg
- 2) Ali Cummings (3:16:19) — Sudbury
- 3) Rebecca Cunnane (3:16:36) — Winnipeg
- Women’s half-marathon:
- 1) Jaclyn Adamson (1:23:37) — Winnipeg
- 2) Emma Kusch Dahle (1:25:53) — Winnipeg
- 3) Kristjana Britton (1:26:48) — Winnipeg
For full and half marathon wheelchair, marathon relay, super run and 10 km results, click here.
ChrisD.ca is Winnipeg's only independent digital news outlet, producing reliable journalism and localized content since 2007. As we grow as a company, so do our expenses into creating the news, sports and entertainment coverage you've come to expect from us. We ask that if you enjoyed reading this article that you consider making a small donation towards our efforts. It would be greatly appreciated in helping us reinvest to expand our reach and hire additional freelance reporters and photographers. Thank you!