WINNIPEG — Crews are making progress clearing city streets after a late winter storm dumped about 25 centimetres of snow on Winnipeg early Monday.
Back lane plowing began Tuesday and spot sanding and salting are also underway to improve traction.
“City-wide snow clearing is progressing well with main routes mostly complete, and bus routes and collector streets expected be finished on Wednesday,” said Cheryl Anderson, acting manager of street maintenance.
“Crews are continuing to work as quickly as possible to complete this major plowing operation.”
A declared snow route parking ban remains in effect tonight at midnight to 7 a.m. Wednesday. A residential parking ban is in place beginning Wednesday at 7 p.m.
“In order to clear sidewalks with heavy accumulations of snow and ice, we need to use a combination of walk plows and blower attachments,” added Anderson. “This will take some time and we appreciate everyone’s patience in the coming days as we work to open up the sidewalks and pathways across the city.”
Residential parking ban schedule (knowyourzone.winnipeg.ca)
- Wednesday, March 7, 2018 from 7 p.m. to 7 a.m. Thursday, March 8, 2018
C, I, M, O, S, V
- Thursday, March 8, 2018 from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Thursday, March 8, 2018
D, F, H, K, N, R, U
- Thursday, March 8, 2018 from 7 p.m. to 7 a.m. Friday, March 9, 2018
E, G, J, L, P, Q, T
- Friday, March 9, 2018 from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Friday, March 9, 2018
- Friday, March 9, 2018 from 7 p.m. to 7 a.m. Saturday, March 10, 2018