WINNIPEG — A two-storey hotel in the 600 block of Main Street went up in flames Tuesday night, but the building’s sprinkler system extinguished most of the fire.
Emergency crews arrived at around 8:52 p.m. to find extensive water damage to the building, as well as considerable smoke damage.
The Winnipeg Fire Paramedic Service says all occupants self-evacuated before crews arrived and no injuries were reported.
Hotel guests were temporarily sheltered on a Winnipeg Transit bus before being allowed to re-enter the building.
The cause of the fire and a damage estimate aren’t available.