WINNIPEG — Ten Manitoba police officers have been honoured with the Excellence in Law Enforcement Award, recognizing outstanding contributions to their communities and police services.
During a ceremony Thursday evening at the Manitoba Association of Chiefs of Police Excellence in Policing Awards, officers from the RCMP, Winnipeg police and Brandon police were honoured.
“These officers have demonstrated exceptional dedication to public safety in their communities and it is an honour to present them with these awards,” said Justice Minister Cliff Cullen.
“Their dedication has made a real difference in the lives of Manitobans, helping to keep our communities safe.”
The awards were presented yesterday evening at the Manitoba Association of Chiefs of Police Excellence in Policing Awards dinner.
This year’s recipients are:
• Staff Sgt. Douglas Ashton, Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP);
• Cpl. Brock Carson, RCMP;
• Const. Julie Coté, RCMP;
• Insp. David Dalal, Winnipeg Police Service (WPS);
• Insp. Greg Hebert, Brandon Police Service (BPS);
• Cpl. John Hurley, RCMP;
• Special Const. Ryan Jack Linklater, RCMP;
• Det. Moazzodin Sadr, WPS;
• Const. Christopher Stupak, BPS; and
• Sgt. George William Whelan, RCMP
Award recipients are selected by a committee with representatives from BPS, RCMP, WPS and Manitoba Justice.
More than 150 police officers have received the award since its inception.