Two Sent to Hospital After Kitchen Fire in St. Boniface

Two Sent to Hospital After Kitchen Fire in St. Boniface

Firetrucks
(UFFW 867 / FILE)

WINNIPEG — Two people were sent to hospital Sunday night after a kitchen fire at a multi-family residence in St. Boniface.

Firefighters responded to 500 block of St. Jean Baptiste Street at around 6:25 p.m. and began an offensive attack on the complex. Flames were deemed under control shortly after 7 p.m.

Everyone inside was able to safely evacuate, but two people were assessed by paramedics and transported to hospital in stable condition.

The Winnipeg Fire Paramedic Service says two occupants of the impacted suite, plus those living in one additional suite, are displaced because of smoke and water damage.

It’s unclear what started the fire and a damage estimate isn’t available.

Advertisements

Sports Highlights

Comments

comments

logo