Winnipeg police have charged a man in connection to several break-ins in the city dating back to late last year.
Officers on patrol spotted a man in the 400 block of Redwood Avenue on Monday who they recognized as having outstanding warrants.
Police linked the man to another investigation officers were working on relating to incidents between December 4, 2018, and January 16, 2019:
- Break and enter and theft in the 100 block of Sage Creek
- Theft in the 300 block of York Avenue
- Two break and enters, on two different occasions, in the first 100 block of Whellams Lane
- Four break and enters and thefts, on two different occasions, in the first 100 block of Innsbruck Way
- Four break and enters, two involving thefts, on two different occasions, in the 100 block of Watson Street
- Two break and enters and thefts, on two different occasions, in the 100 block of North Point Boulevard
Derek Lloyd Penney, 30, faces numerous break, enter and theft charges, including eight counts of failing to comply with a recognizance order. He remains in custody.