Home » News » Malfunctioning Dryer Triggers Nassau Street Fire

Malfunctioning Dryer Triggers Nassau Street Fire

March 12, 2019 8:46 PM | News


(UFFW 867 / FILE)

WINNIPEG — Fire investigators say a malfunctioning clothes dryer is to blame for a blaze in the 600 block of Nassau Street South on Tuesday.

Crews were called to the home at around 2:30 p.m. and began an offensive attack to quickly extinguish the flames.

Occupants of the home had self-evacuated prior to firefighters’ arrival. No injuries were reported.

“This incident serves as a good reminder to residents to never run their dryer while away from their home. Damage from this fire was minimized because residents were home and able to call 911 before the fire extended beyond the interior of the dryer,” the Winnipeg Fire Paramedic Service said in a statement.

In 2017, WFPS responded to 11 dryer fires.


Tags: Fire | Winnipeg