No injuries were reported Friday when a fire broke out at St. Norbert Immersion School and Collegiate on Ste. Therese Avenue.
The Winnipeg Fire Paramedic Service says crews responded just after 9 a.m. to find a small fire in the ceiling area of the gymnasium. Flames were quickly extinguished and smoke was ventilated from the building.
Students and staff were evacuated and sheltered in a nearby church.
The cause of the fire has been attributed to a faulty light ballast. No damage estimates are available.