The Manitoba government has chosen the next round of retailers to sell cannabis in the province.
The process involved a randomized draw, where each pre-qualified retailer received one ballot per community of interest. One ballot was drawn for each identified community, as well as a second standby ballot.
The following retailers have been chosen:
– Selected retailer: Westleaf Inc.
– Standby retailer: 10022915 Manitoba
• Flin Flon:
– Selected retailer: 10552763 Canada Corporation (Garden Variety)
– Standby retailer: Auxly Cannabis Group Inc.
• Lac du Bonnet:
– Selected retailer: The Viscount Gort Motor Hotel Ltd.
– Standby retailer: Matzelle Holdings Ltd.
– Selected retailer: Canna Cabana Inc.
– Standby retailer: Red River Cooperative Ltd.
• Municipality of Russell-Binscarth:
– Selected retailer: 2296476 Ontario Inc. (The Corktown Cannabis Company)
– Standby retailer: 5403651 Manitoba Ltd. (Yale Hotel)
• Swan River:
– Selected retailer: Fire & Flower Inc.
– Standby retailer: Westcoast Sunset Holdings Corporation
– Selected retailer: 3381102 Manitoba Ltd. (Northern Hotel)
– Standby retailer: 10022915 Manitoba.
Selected retailers will have 10 days to confirm their interest to open a cannabis store in the community they were drawn for. If the selected retailer turns down the opportunity, the standby retailer will be chosen.