The lack of having a front licence plate resulted in Winnipeg police making several arrests and seizing weapons and drugs from a vehicle on Wednesday.
An officer on patrol travelling eastbound on Higgins Avenue spotted the vehicle at around 11:20 a.m. and turned around to catch up to it near Waterfront Drive.
After speaking to the four people inside, the officer observed “suspicious indicators” and called for additional officers to the scene.
Police searched the vehicle and located:
– A loaded sawed-off 12 gauge shotgun with the hammer drawn back and ready to fire
– Three 12 gauge shotgun shells
– Five .22 calibre ammunition cartridges
– Bear spray
– Approximately 7.4 grams of methamphetamine (estimated street value of $300)
– $617 in Canadian currency
– Two scales
– Drug paraphernalia
– Packaging materials
Three women and one man, all from Winnipeg, face several charges and remain in custody.