Home » News » Cooking Fire Sends Residents Fleeing from Winnipeg Home

Cooking Fire Sends Residents Fleeing from Winnipeg Home

July 18, 2019 11:46 AM | News

  • 6
    Shares

Firetrucks

(UFFW 867 / FILE)

Residents fled from a three-storey apartment complex Thursday morning when a cooking fire broke out in the 600 block of Simcoe Street.

Winnipeg firefighters arrived on scene just before 8 a.m. to find smoke coming from the windows of one of the suites. The fire was deemed under control roughly 10 minutes later.

One person was assessed by paramedics but didn’t require hospitalization. No other injuries were reported.

The fire remains under investigation, but early observations suggest it was accidental due to unattended cooking. The Winnipeg Fire Paramedic Service says residents are reminded to always stay in the kitchen while cooking.


  • 6
    Shares