WINNIPEG — A week devoted to pure gluttony, in the form of over-the-top poutine creations from restaurants across the city, has resulted in the crowning of five local winners.
La Poutine Week ran February 1-7, where Winnipeg restaurants put their best spin on poutine to compete in the national event.
The top five people’s choice winners have been chosen from the 65 competing Winnipeg restaurants:
- Fionn MacCool’s Crossroads – Guinness Tenderloin Poutine
- St-James Burger & Chip Co. – Thanksgiving Give-Back Poutine!
- Pony Corral Nairn – Golden Boy Poutine
- Junction 59 – Country Fried Chicken and Waffle Poutine
- Brazen Hall Kitchen & Brewery – Hella Bonita!
“What’s amazing about hosting La Poutine Week for so long is how passionate our fans have become,” said La Poutine Week co-founder Na’eem Adam. “The level of seriousness that restaurants and poutine-lovers around Canada have for this fun and delicious festival never ceases to amaze me.”
Proceeds from the event will go to Agape Table, an organization that aims to end hunger in Winnipeg by offering weekday breakfasts and foodbanks twice weekly. Final numbers will be released next week.
Since 2018, La Poutine Week has raised $105,000 for charities.