WINNIPEG — Manitoba reported 158 new cases of COVID-19 (coronavirus) on Wednesday, bringing the provincial total to 26,695.
Five additional deaths were also announced:
• A man in his 80s from Prairie Mountain Health region and linked to the outbreak at the McCreary/Alonsa Health Centre
• A man in his 70s from the Winnipeg health region and linked to the outbreak at the Southeast Personal Care Home
• A man in his 80s from the Winnipeg health region
• A woman in her 80s from the Winnipeg health region and linked to the outbreak at the Charleswood Care Centre
Dr. Jazz Atwal, acting deputy chief provincial public health officer, says there are 2,928 active cases, 23,014 people have recovered, and 119 people are in the hospital, including 19 in the intensive care unit. Seven hundred and fifty-three people have died.
Wednesday’s cases include:
• 70 cases in the Northern health region
• 12 cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region
• 8 cases in the Southern Health region
• 61 cases in the Winnipeg health region
Laboratory testing numbers show 1,778 tests were completed yesterday bringing the total number of lab tests completed since early February 2020 to 443,683.
Watch Wednesday’s media briefing:
Further information on COVID-19 can be found at Manitoba.ca/covid19.