WINNIPEG — Manitoba reported 261 new cases of COVID-19 (coronavirus) on Thursday, bringing the provincial total to 26,954.
Two additional deaths were also announced:
- A man in his 60 from the Winnipeg health region
- A man in his 90s from Prairie Mountain Health region and linked to the outbreak at the McCreary/Alonsa Health Centre
Health officials say there are 2,886 active cases, 23,313 people have recovered, and 117 people are in the hospital, including 16 in the intensive care unit. Seven hundred and fifty-five people have died.
Thursday’s cases include:
• 139 cases in the Northern health region
• 23 cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region
• 13 cases in the Southern Health region
• 75 cases in the Winnipeg health region
Laboratory testing numbers show 2,333 tests were completed yesterday bringing the total number of lab tests completed since early February 2020 to 446,018.
Further information on COVID-19 can be found at Manitoba.ca/covid19.