WINNIPEG — Manitoba reported 216 new cases of COVID-19 (coronavirus) on Saturday, bringing the provincial total to 28,476.
Three additional deaths were also announced:
• A man in his 60s from the Winnipeg health region
• A woman in her 70s from the Winnipeg health region
• A woman in her 80s from the Winnipeg health region
Health officials say there are 3,372 active cases, 24,307 people have recovered, and 135 people are in the hospital, including 26 in the intensive care unit. Seven hundred and ninety-seven people have died.
Saturday’s cases include:
• 118 cases in the Northern health region
• 12 cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region
• 14 cases in the Southern Health region
• 50 cases in the Winnipeg health region
Laboratory testing numbers show 1,836 tests were completed yesterday, bringing the total number of lab tests completed since early February 2020 to 463,084.
Further information on COVID-19 can be found at Manitoba.ca/covid19.