WINNIPEG — Manitoba reported 95 new cases of COVID-19 (coronavirus) on Wednesday, bringing the provincial total to 28,996.
Four additional deaths were also announced:
• A man in his 70s from the Southern Health region
• A woman in her 70s from the Winnipeg health region
• A man in his 90s from the Winnipeg health region, linked to the outbreak at Concordia Place Personal Care Home
Health officials say there are 3,456 active cases, 24,727 people have recovered, and 127 people are in the hospital, including 24 in the intensive care unit. The death toll in the province is 813.
Wednesday’s cases include:
• 43 cases in the Northern health region
• 3 cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region
• 3 cases in the Southern Health region
• 44 cases in the Winnipeg health region
Laboratory testing numbers show 1,576 tests were completed yesterday, bringing the total number of lab tests completed since early February 2020 to 469,361.
Watch Wednesday’s media briefing:
Further information on COVID-19 can be found at Manitoba.ca/covid19.