WINNIPEG — Manitoba reported 166 new cases of COVID-19 (coronavirus) on Saturday, bringing the provincial total to 29,446.
Two additional deaths were also announced:
• A man in his 90s from the Southern Health region and linked to the outbreak at Heritage Life Personal Care Home
Health officials say there are 3,526 active cases, 25,095 people have recovered, and 127 people are in the hospital, including 30 in the intensive care unit. The death toll in the province is 825.
Saturday’s cases include:
• 69 cases in the Northern health region
• 14 cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region
• 10 cases in the Southern Health region
• 47 cases in the Winnipeg health region
Laboratory testing numbers show 1,946 tests were completed yesterday, bringing the total number of lab tests completed since early February 2020 to 475,748.
Further information on COVID-19 can be found at Manitoba.ca/covid19.