WINNIPEG — Manitoba reported 119 new cases of COVID-19 (coronavirus) on Sunday, bringing the provincial total to 29,564.
Four additional deaths were also announced:
• A man in his 90s from the Northern health region
• A man in his 60s from the Southern Health region, linked to an outbreak at the Rock Lake Hospital in Crystal City
• A woman in her 80s from the Southern Health region, linked to an outbreak at the Rock Lake Hospital in Crystal City
Health officials say there are 3,503 active cases, 25,232 people have recovered, and 108 people are in the hospital, including 29 in the intensive care unit. The death toll in the province is 829.
Sunday’s cases include:
• 49 cases in the Northern health region
• 2 cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region
• 6 cases in the Southern Health region
• 27 cases in the Winnipeg health region
Laboratory testing numbers show 1,459 tests were completed yesterday, bringing the total number of lab tests completed since early February 2020 to 477,207.
Further information on COVID-19 can be found at Manitoba.ca/covid19.