WINNIPEG — Manitoba reported 126 new cases of COVID-19 (coronavirus) on Wednesday, bringing the provincial total to 29,858.
Three additional deaths were also announced (from Monday due to a data reset):
• A woman in her 80s from the Winnipeg health region
• A woman in her 90s from the Southern Health region, linked to the outbreak at Heritage Life Personal Care Home
Dr. Jazz Atwal, acting deputy chief provincial public health officer, says there are 3,358 active cases, 25,665 people have recovered, and 105 people are in the hospital with active COVID-19 cases, including 22 in the intensive care unit. The death toll in the province is 835.
Wednesday’s cases include:
• 55 cases in the Northern health region
• 7 cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region
• 8 cases in the Southern Health region
• 32 cases in the Winnipeg health region
Laboratory testing numbers show 1,833 tests were completed yesterday, bringing the total number of lab tests completed since early February 2020 to 482,110.
Watch Wednesday’s media briefing:
Further information on COVID-19 can be found at Manitoba.ca/covid19.