WINNIPEG — Manitoba reported 82 new cases of COVID-19 (coronavirus) on Saturday, bringing the provincial total to 30,158.
Four additional deaths were also announced:
• A man in his 40s from the Winnipeg health region
• A woman in her 50s from the Northern health region
• A man in his 80s from the Winnipeg health region
• A woman in her 90s from the Winnipeg health region, linked to the outbreak at Concordia Place Personal Care Home
Health officials say there are 3,309 active cases, 26,007 people have recovered, and 101 people are in the hospital with active COVID-19 cases, including 23 in the intensive care unit. The death toll in the province is 842.
Saturday’s cases include:
• 26 cases in the Northern health region
• 8 cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region
• 6 cases in the Southern Health region
• 36 cases in the Winnipeg health region
Laboratory testing numbers show 1,529 tests were completed yesterday, bringing the total number of lab tests completed since early February 2020 to 488,064.
Further information on COVID-19 can be found at Manitoba.ca/covid19.