WINNIPEG — Manitoba reported 80 new cases of COVID-19 (coronavirus) on Sunday, bringing the provincial total to 30,766.
Five additional deaths were also announced:
• A man in his 70s from the Interlake-Eastern health region linked to the outbreak at Kin Place Personal Care Home
• A woman in her 80s from the Winnipeg health region
• A woman in her 90s from the Winnipeg health region
• A woman in her 90s from the Winnipeg health region linked to the outbreak at Charleswood Care Centre
• A man in his 90s from the Winnipeg health region linked to the outbreak at Concordia Place Personal Care Home
Health officials say there are 1,619 active cases, 28,276 people have recovered, and 84 people are in the hospital with active COVID-19 cases, including 12 in the intensive care unit. The death toll in the province is 871.
Sunday’s cases include:
• 44 cases in the Northern health region
• 1 case in the Prairie Mountain Health region
• 4 cases in the Southern Health region
• 29 cases in the Winnipeg health region
Laboratory testing numbers show 1,580 tests were completed yesterday, bringing the total number of lab tests completed since early February 2020 to 500,840.
Further information on COVID-19 can be found at Manitoba.ca/covid19.