WINNIPEG — Manitoba reported 97 new cases of COVID-19 (coronavirus) on Monday, bringing the provincial total to 31,483.
Two additional deaths were also announced:
• A woman in her 90s from the Winnipeg health region
• A woman in her 90s from the Winnipeg health region, linked to the outbreak at Charleswood Care Centre
Dr. Brent Roussin, chief provincial public health officer, says there are 1,219 active cases, 29,378 people have recovered, and 78 people are in the hospital with active COVID-19 cases, including 14 in the intensive care unit. The death toll in the province is 886.
Monday’s cases include:
• 36 cases in the Northern health region
• 1 case in the Prairie Mountain Health region
• 2 cases in the Southern Health region
• 54 cases in the Winnipeg health region
Laboratory testing numbers show 1,790 tests were completed yesterday, bringing the total number of lab tests completed since early February 2020 to 514,357.
Watch Monday’s media briefing:
Further information on COVID-19 can be found at Manitoba.ca/covid19.