WINNIPEG — Manitoba reported 45 new cases of COVID-19 (coronavirus) on Wednesday, bringing the provincial total to 31,590.
One additional death was also announced:
• A woman in her 90s from the Winnipeg health region linked to the outbreak at Oakview Place Personal Care Home
Health officials say there are 1,196 active cases, 29,507 people have recovered, and 81 people are in the hospital with active COVID-19 cases, including 11 in the intensive care unit. The death toll in the province is 887.
Wednesday’s cases include:
• 10 cases in the Northern health region
• 1 case in the Prairie Mountain Health region
• 8 cases in the Southern Health region
• 23 cases in the Winnipeg health region
Laboratory testing numbers show 1,805 tests were completed yesterday, bringing the total number of lab tests completed since early February 2020 to 517,602.
Further information on COVID-19 can be found at Manitoba.ca/covid19.