WINNIPEG — Manitoba reported 70 new cases of COVID-19 (coronavirus) on Thursday, bringing the provincial total to 31,657.
One additional death was also announced:
• A man in his 70s from the Winnipeg health region
Health officials say there are 1,206 active cases, 29,563 people have recovered, and 75 people are in the hospital with active COVID-19 cases, including 10 in the intensive care unit. The death toll in the province is 888.
Thursday’s cases include:
• 30 cases in the Northern health region
• 0 cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region
• 2 cases in the Southern Health region
• 31 cases in the Winnipeg health region
Laboratory testing numbers show 2,290 tests were completed yesterday, bringing the total number of lab tests completed since early February 2020 to 519,892.
Further information on COVID-19 can be found at Manitoba.ca/covid19.