WINNIPEG — Manitoba reported 50 new cases of COVID-19 (coronavirus) on Sunday, bringing the provincial total to 31,859.
Two additional deaths were also announced:
• A man in his 80s from the Winnipeg Health region
• A woman in her 90s from the Winnipeg Health region
Health officials say there are 1,194 active cases, 29,770 people have recovered, and 72 people are in the hospital with active COVID-19 cases, including 11 in the intensive care unit. The death toll in the province is 895.
Sunday’s cases include:
• 21 cases in the Northern health region
• 1 case in the Prairie Mountain Health region
• 5 cases in the Southern Health region
• 21 cases in the Winnipeg health region
Laboratory testing numbers show 1,866 tests were completed yesterday, bringing the total number of lab tests completed since early February 2020 to 525,373.
Further information on COVID-19 can be found at Manitoba.ca/covid19.