WINNIPEG — Manitoba reported 116 new cases of COVID-19 (coronavirus) on Friday, bringing the provincial total to 33,810.
Three additional deaths were also reported:
• A man in his 70s from the Interlake–Eastern health region
• A man in his 60s from the Northern health region
• A man in his 70s from the Winnipeg health region
Dr. Jazz Atwal, acting deputy chief provincial public health officer, says there are 1,169 active cases, 31,709 people have recovered, and 58 people are in the hospital with active COVID-19 cases, including 12 in the intensive care unit. The death toll in the province is 932.
Friday’s cases include:
• 55 cases in the Northern health region
• 3 cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region
• 5 cases in the Southern Health region
• 51 cases in the Winnipeg health region
Laboratory testing numbers show 1,959 tests were completed yesterday, bringing the total number of lab tests completed since early February 2020 to 573,567.
Watch Friday’s media briefing:
Further information on COVID-19 can be found at Manitoba.ca/covid19.