WINNIPEG — Manitoba reported 62 new cases of COVID-19 (coronavirus) on Tuesday, bringing the provincial total to 34,549.
Two additional deaths were also reported:
• A woman in her 80s from the Winnipeg health region, linked to the outbreak at Grace Hospital unit 3 South
• A woman in her 90s from the Winnipeg health region
Dr. Brent Roussin, chief provincial public health officer, says there are 1,255 active cases, 32,352 people have recovered, and 66 people are in the hospital with active COVID-19 cases, including 14 in the intensive care unit. The death toll in the province is 942.
Tuesday’s cases include:
• 23 cases in the Northern health region
• 4 cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region
• 1 case in the Southern Health region
• 33 cases in the Winnipeg health region
Laboratory testing numbers show 1,386 tests were completed yesterday, bringing the total number of lab tests completed since early February 2020 to 592,384.
Watch Tuesday’s media briefing:
Further information on COVID-19 can be found at Manitoba.ca/covid19.