WINNIPEG — Manitoba reported 86 new cases of COVID-19 (coronavirus) on Wednesday, bringing the provincial total to 35,539.
Three additional deaths were also reported:
• A woman in her 50 from Prairie Mountain Health region
• A man in his 70s from the Winnipeg health region
• A man in his 80s from the Southern Health region
Health officials say there are 1,439 active cases, 33,146 people have recovered, and 64 people are in the hospital with active COVID-19 cases, including 16 in the intensive care unit. The death toll in the province is 954.
Wednesday’s cases include:
• 16 cases in the Northern health region
• 5 cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region
• 5 cases in the Southern Health region
• 53 cases in the Winnipeg health region
2,436 laboratory tests were completed yesterday, bringing the total number of lab tests completed since early February 2020 to 610,799
Further information on COVID-19 can be found at Manitoba.ca/covid19.