WINNIPEG — Manitoba reported 259 new cases of COVID-19 (coronavirus) on Sunday, bringing the provincial total to 37,598.
Health officials say there are 2,024 active cases, 34,607 people have recovered, and 74 people are in the hospital with active COVID-19 cases, including 22 in the intensive care unit. The death toll in the province is 967.
Sunday’s cases include:
- 6 cases in the Interlake-Eastern health region
- 25 cases in the Northern health region;
- 25 cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region
- 15 cases in the Southern Health region
- 188 cases in the Winnipeg health region
2,955 laboratory tests were completed yesterday, bringing the total number of lab tests completed since early February 2020 to 644,136.
Further information on COVID-19 can be found at Manitoba.ca/covid19.