WINNIPEG — Manitoba reported 230 new cases of COVID-19 (coronavirus) on Thursday, bringing the provincial total to 38,439.
Two additional deaths were also reported:
• A woman in her 50s from Northern health region
• A man in his 60s from Northern health region
Health officials say there are 2,263 active cases, 35,203 people have recovered, and 80 people are in the hospital with active COVID-19 cases, including 28 in the intensive care unit. The death toll in the province is 973.
Thursday’s cases include:
• 5 cases in the Interlake–Eastern health region
• 11 cases in the Northern health region
• 23 cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region
• 14 cases in the Southern Health region
• 177 cases in the Winnipeg health region
2,941 laboratory tests were completed yesterday, bringing the total number of lab tests completed since early February 2020 to 656,519.
Further information on COVID-19 can be found at Manitoba.ca/covid19.