WINNIPEG — Manitoba reported 461 new cases of COVID-19 (coronavirus) on Sunday, bringing the provincial total to 48,436.
One additional death was also reported:
• A man in his 80s from the Southern Health region
Health officials say there are 5,072 active cases, 42,335 people have recovered, and 259 people are in the hospital with active COVID-19 cases, including 53 in the intensive care unit. The death toll in the province is 1,029.
Sunday’s cases include:
• 25 cases in the Interlake-Eastern health region
• 30 cases in the Northern health region
• 31 cases in the Prairie Mountain health region
• 76 cases in the Southern Health region
• 299 cases in the Winnipeg health region
3,204 laboratory tests were completed yesterday, bringing the total number of lab tests completed since early February 2020 to 746,507.
Further information on COVID-19 can be found at Manitoba.ca/covid19.