WINNIPEG — Manitoba reported 237 new cases of COVID-19 (coronavirus) on Tuesday, bringing the provincial total to 53,153.
Two additional deaths were also reported:
• A man in his 60s from the Interlake–Eastern health region, linked to the B.1.1.7 variant of concern
• A man in his 80s from the Winnipeg health region
Health officials say there are 3,836 active cases, 48,238 people have recovered, and 222 people are in the hospital with active COVID-19 cases, including 51 in the intensive care unit. The death toll in the province is 1,079.
Tuesday’s cases include:
• 13 cases in the Interlake–Eastern health region
• 21 cases in the Northern health region
• 17 cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region
• 42 cases in the Southern Health region
• 144 cases in the Winnipeg health region
1,993 laboratory tests were completed yesterday, bringing the total number of lab tests completed since early February 2020 to 789,759.
Further information on COVID-19 can be found at Manitoba.ca/covid19.