WINNIPEG — Manitoba reported 69 new cases of COVID-19 (coronavirus) on Tuesday, bringing the provincial total to 55,467.
Four additional deaths were also reported:
• A man in his 20s from Interlake–Eastern health region, linked to the B.1.1.7 (alpha) variant of concern
• A man in his 60s from the Southern Health region, linked to the alpha variant of concern
• A woman in her 70s from the Winnipeg health region linked to the unspecified variant of concern
• A woman in her 70s from the Winnipeg health region, linked to the alpha variant of concern
Health officials say there are 1,860 active cases, 52,478 people have recovered, and 123 people are in the hospital with active COVID-19 cases, including 34 in the intensive care unit. The death toll in the province is 1,129.
Tuesday’s cases include:
• 4 cases in the Interlake–Eastern health region
• 15 cases in the Northern health region
• 1 case in the Prairie Mountain Health region
• 16 cases in the Southern Health region
• 33 cases in the Winnipeg health region
1,243 laboratory tests were completed yesterday, bringing the total number of lab tests completed since early February 2020 to 817,797.
Further information on COVID-19 can be found at Manitoba.ca/covid19.