WINNIPEG — Manitoba reported 97 new cases of COVID-19 (coronavirus) on Sunday, bringing the provincial total to 55,975.
One additional death was also reported:
• A girl under 10 from the Winnipeg health region
Health officials say there are 1,480 active cases, 53,356 people have recovered, and 94 people are in the hospital with active COVID-19 cases, including 28 in the intensive care unit. The death toll in the province is 1,139.
Sunday’s cases include:
• 14 cases in the Interlake–Eastern health region
• 16 cases in the Northern health region
• 5 cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region
• 12 cases in the Southern Health region
• 50 cases in the Winnipeg health region
1,631 laboratory tests were completed yesterday, bringing the total number of lab tests completed since early February 2020 to 826,662.
Further information on COVID-19 can be found at Manitoba.ca/covid19.