WINNIPEG — Manitoba reported 71 new cases of COVID-19 (coronavirus) on Wednesday, bringing the provincial total to 56,586.
Two additional deaths were also reported:
• A man in his 30s from the Interlake-Eastern health region, linked to an unspecified variant of concern
• A man in his 50s from the Winnipeg health region, linked to the B.1.1.7 (alpha) variant of concern
Health officials say there are 990 active cases, 54,442 people have recovered, and 64 people are in the hospital with active COVID-19 cases, including 13 in the intensive care unit. The death toll in the province is 1,154.
Wednesday’s cases include:
• 19 new cases in the Interlake–Eastern health region
• 4 new cases in the Northern health region
• 4 new cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region
• 12 new cases in the Southern Health region
• 32 new cases in the Winnipeg health region
1,639 laboratory tests were completed yesterday, bringing the total number of lab tests completed since early February 2020 to 839,643.
Further information on COVID-19 can be found at Manitoba.ca/covid19.